New Vids: LedZeppelin0
This site is the sister site to SexyLabia.com. Please review our General Site Rules, and our Karma Points System.
If you'd like to share your sexy labia pics or videos anonymously please see these instructions.
Not sure where to start with things? Start Here.
Karma Points Quick Guide:
0KP to 34.9KP = Regular Member
35KP to 49.9KP = Trusted Member
50KP to 65.9KP = Established Member
66KP and Higher = Senior Member or Site Moderator
Question For All Members
  • 78 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down tempest_drivertempest_driver
    107.64 Karma Points [?]Message tempest_driverPosts: 670Senior Member Accepted Answer
    Ammount of threads in the forum it has occurred to me that some of the threads may soon start becoming lost in the stack, and with them some of the members' self submissions contained therein(perish the thought!). Would it be too difficult to add a section dedicated to such photos? No monthly selections, or celebrities, just members' photos.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down anniebossannieboss
    2.24 Karma Points [?]Message anniebossPosts: 7Member Accepted Answer
    Sounds like a good plan...it's easy to get lost among the threads, and the titles aren't always a good indicator of what's there, so some grouping would help.

It would great if newly posted photos and videos were highlighted when the site opens.

• Vote Up0Vote Down LabiaLoverLabiaLover
    409.27 Karma Points [?]Message LabiaLoverPosts: 2,008Site Administrator

Ammount of threads in the forum it has occurred to me that some of the threads may soon start becoming lost in the stack, and with them some of the members' self submissions contained therein(perish the thought!). Would it be too difficult to add a section dedicated to such photos? No monthly selections, or celebrities, just members' photos.

The problem is that if we create a new category to put member contributions in, some members (like @Butterfly7 for example) want their pics made available to the public AND members.  This means they have to be in the Anonymous Category.

Then we have some members who want their contributions only available to site members, so these have to go in the Shared Category.

So if we create a new category to put all the posts in, that would mean that new category would somehow have to meet both requirements which isn't possible, since a category can't be public and non/public at the same time if you know what I mean.

Right now for example though if you clicked on the "Shared Category" at the top right of the page under the "Categories" header, you'd see only member contributions, and in fact, they'd all fit on one page for that matter.

Same thing happens if you click on the "Anonymous Category" -- all the posts are organized on ONE page for that category.

It's for this reason, that I've been considering making this the default page you land on when you hit the site:

New Main Page (maybe)

This would force members to decide what category they want to see, rather than just presenting them with all the discussions on one page, in a paginated fashion by posting date (current default view).

Personally, I like this view, and so does @PaulMApphart but judging by the confusion it's causing for you guys and since you're having a hard time with organizing the site the way you want, I think I'm going to change the default view, and see how people respond to that. ;)

Let me know what you think about the new default page view. . .
    Post edited by LabiaLover at 2012-03-10 00:05:55
    Labia Lover - Pussy Connoisseur and Labia Enthusiast
    Want to post your labia pics anonymously to get honest feedback from real people?? Click here.
    annieboss said:

Sounds like a good plan...it's easy to get lost among the threads, and the titles aren't always a good indicator of what's there, so some grouping would help.

It would great if newly posted photos and videos were highlighted when the site opens.

@annieboss -- the thread where there is new material are already highlighted in bright yellow.

I suspect however that you're saying that you'd prefer that *only video and only photo* content be highlighted upon new visits to the site -- while I can understand that's your preference, that would be unfair to other site members who ask questions and come back for answers, or post material that is not photo or video related.  It would make it more difficult for them to find what they're looking for in that case, albeit it would be easier for you to find photos and videos.

Perhaps in the future, I'll feature a video and photo on the home page of the site which is being coded into HTML as we speak. . .it's just that I'm balancing coding that with coding other features into the site, etc.
    Post edited by LabiaLover at 2012-03-10 00:09:14
    Want to post your labia pics anonymously to get honest feedback from real people?? Click here.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down PaulMApphartPaulMApphart
    116.61 Karma Points [?]Message PaulMApphartPosts: 366Shoot Moderator
    How about another section on the rhs " Latest Images and Videos" that lists the last, say, 5 discussions that had images or videos attached to them?
    Labia
    Acceptance
    By
    Increased
    Awareness
  • Vote Up0Vote Down mrmarquismrmarquis
    79.92 Karma Points [?]Message mrmarquisPosts: 828Senior Member
    Great idea Paul.  That would make it far easier to find the photos or videos when you want to.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down SheShe
    18.02 Karma Points [?]Message ShePosts: 150Member
    I don't like these see through boxes they pop up when I am trying to read or write something I find it annoying I can see when I log-in so I don't care for that.
    Can there be a link for my online store since I have all kinds of toys and DVDS that go along with a lot of the discussions.
    I'd like the group to be more  social I like interaction and access even from my phone so if that's not possible it feels like pen paling if that makes sense.
    It's hard for me to see where someone has commented on my discussion/post.
    So far the new things are subtle I don't dilike them or notice them unless I see a note there's been an update.

How about another section on the rhs " Latest Images and Videos" that lists the last, say, 5 discussions that had images or videos attached to them?

@PaulMApphart and @mrmarquis that already exists when you click on each category.

Try it (click each category and watch what you get):

Anonymous Category

Shared Category

Those are the only two categories that have images or videos in them
    in the first place, and they both fit on one single page too. ;)
    She said:

I don't like these see through boxes they pop up when I am trying to read or write something I find it annoying I can see when I log-in so I don't care for that.
    Can there be a link for my online store since I have all kinds of toys and DVDS that go along with a lot of the discussions.
    I'd like the group to be more  social I like interaction and access even from my phone so if that's not possible it feels like pen paling if that makes sense.
    It's hard for me to see where someone has commented on my discussion/post.
    So far the new things are subtle I don't dilike them or notice them unless I see a note there's been an update.

@She -- the see-through boxes are notifications which you can turn off in your profile.

As far as the link to the online store -- not yet.

I wanna keep the site ad-free for awhile if possible to allow members to find the information they need quickly and easily without being interrupted by ads or mentions of things that they can buy.

About the social interaction -- I'm working on a real-time chat script. . .patience. ;)

To see when someone has commented on your discussion or post, simply visit your profile page, and any comments on your post are displayed there, as well as who made the comment and what they said -- this is in addition to the notifications that they site displays when you login as well as the e-mails you are sent to let you know when that has occurred.

In addition, from your profile page you can control what notifications you get and when, just click on the link that says: "Edit My Preferences" and you'll be off and running. ;)
    Post edited by LabiaLover at 2012-03-10 18:29:02
    Thanked by 1She
  • Vote Up0Vote Down mrmarquismrmarquis
    79.92 Karma Points [?]Message mrmarquisPosts: 828Senior Member
    Is there a place on each profile for members to add more photos than just the profile photo??
    @mrmarquis

Unfortunately there isn't just yet. . .but you can start a thread with your own pics in it and then put that thread in your signature (or ask me to add the thread to your signature if you're not sure how to do that). ;)
  • Vote Up0Vote Down [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    0.01 Karma Points [?]Message [Deleted User]Posts: 0 Accepted Answer
    @labialover, you deserve a prize - supermarket 1 millionth customer style with siren and balloons! Why? You made comment 69 on this #69 thread - woot woot!!!
    ;)
    Now, how does one go about unbookmarking a thread?
    Thanked by 1LabiaLover
    @Kitty77

Actually. . .you're gonna laugh. . .but the way the CSS is coded on this site, it's invisible.

You have to click right next to the category (won't be like that on the new site).

I'm attaching a screenshot, so you can see what I mean.  Look at where my mouse is. . .
    unbookmark.jpg
    1366 x 732 - 138K
  • Vote Up0Vote Down himuhimu
    277.14 Karma Points [?]Message himuPosts: 1,727Senior Member
    @LabiaLover,
    I know you are quite busy between all the work you are doing on the site and your regular job... but are you working on video uploading facility for the users? can we upload/attach .avi .mov .mpg .flv files directly from here? just a thought ... maybe you could put a cap on the size of the video file. :)
    Long Labia Lover -> Checkout some of my Threads below:
    Artistic & Erotic | Dominika | Andie | Carmen | Sofi A | Faye | Voluptuous Ladies | Slim & Sexy Ladies
This discussion has been closed by an admin or has expired automatically.
All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged

Who's Online (0)